TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Products Covered
- Activation Process
- Wait Until Activation is Confirmed
- Set up Your Pepwave & Install Antennas
- Installing your SIM Card (After Activation is Confirmed)
- Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Connection Status Stuck on Obtaining IP
- Setting up Recurring Payments
- Billing Dates and Data Reset Dates
- Data Usage Monitoring on a Pepwave
- Requesting Cancellation
- Requesting Re-activation
- Avoid Getting Suspended
- Requesting Assistance
- MobileMustHave Wireless Data Plans
- P1000- 1000GB Data Plan (T-Mobile Network)
Welcome to your new MobileMustHave cellular data plan. This article will walk you through the activation process and help you get started with your new data plan. It will also answer common questions about the plan, including setting up your modem, how to set up payments, suspending or canceling service, and more. Let's get started.
Once your activation is confirmed, it is time to set up your Peplink. Install all of the antennas on the device. Note the center pin is reversed on certain antennas depending on if they are for WIFI or Cellular, so take your time. They are the correct antennas, so if it doesn't fit, it's likely you're using the wrong antenna for that port. We recommend testing data plans with the black short antennas that came with the router for initial troubleshooting. Once things are working, you can switch to a roof antenna. This will make things easier to troubleshoot as there are fewer variables with the stock black antennas. A complete guide to setup your Pepwave is available here: Pepwave Setup Guide
Make sure to install the correct size sim. Always assume the largest size to avoid losing sim in the device! Check your device specifications for sim size.
If you are having issues connecting, common issues are listed below.
Connection Status Stuck on Obtaining IP
To resolve the "obtaining IP" error, please do the following:
- Reboot the router by removing the power, reconnect after 2 minutes, and wait 2 to 5 additional minutes for the device to boot up. If you see a SOLID green cellular light, the modem has connected, reboot computers/devices if the internet is not working.
- If you do not see a SOLID green cellular light, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure you have all setting set to auto in the cellular setting section.
- Verify your antennas are installed properly and secure. If you have installed a roof antenna, remove it and install the small black antennas included with the modem temporarily for testing.
- Try moving 5 miles to a new location, and avoid delays by ensuring it is not simply a location issue where cellular coverage is not adequate.
- Verify sim card has been installed properly. More info on this topic above.
After trying the above troubleshooting steps, if the device does not connect and you still see Obtaining IP for more than 5 mins, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you cannot connect. Please also include a Screenshot of the main Dashboard Summary page and the full Cellular Details page.
If your automatic payment does not go through, we will contact you to set up payments. If you do not set up payment within two business days, your line will be suspended. If payment is still not made two business days after your line has been suspended, your line will be canceled. If your line is canceled, you will require a new sim card and a new line. You will need to re-purchase the plan and be shipped a new sim card, so make sure to avoid suspensions for non-payment. Activation fees will apply for lines that are canceled due to non-payment.
Data Usage Monitoring on a Pepwave
Since this plan does have a data cap, you can use your Pepwave to manage your data usage and alert you before you run out of data. Use the links below to be taken to articles explaining this process step by step.
If you wish to terminate service for the plan you may do so at any time. Cancelled plans do not receive a prorated refund and the service will not function as soon as it is terminated. If you wish to use the service for the remaining billing cycle, please do not cancel your plan until 24-48 hours before the next billing date. To cancel, please email Info@mobilemusthave.com
Avoid Getting Suspended
Avoid getting suspended by making sure to follow our Terms of Service. Here are some additional steps to follow to avoid issues with your data line.
Pepwave Devices Only From MobileMustHave.com: Only devices purchased from us are eligible for use on our data plans. If you are found using another device your line will be suspended and cannot be re-activated.
Track Your Usage: Take advantage of Pepwave data monitoring, which has detailed usage and tracking dashboards to help you monitor your usage. Articles on this are linked above.
Use One Email Address: Please use the same email address to order service and when signing up for your monthly payments. Your email address is used to cross-reference billing information and customers who use multiple email addresses for purchases can experience issues if the email addresses do not match the original purchase address. We recommend that customers stick to one email address to simplify the support experience for everyone.
Pay Your Bill: By far the most common reason customers are suspended is due to issues with their payment source. Avoid using a debit card that might get declined inadvertently (and debit cards are inherently more risky than credit cards since they have fewer cardholder protections). Double check when your card is expiring and keep your payment information current. Always check to ensure your account has been debited each month.