Member Sponsored Content
The following article is brought to you by our premium members. These articles are co-authored with our education & action partner, Mobile Internet Resource Center (MIRC), which provides in-depth content and independent analysis on all things mobile internet.
Consider joining our membership for full access and to be part of the conversation in our support forums. Members also receive premium discounts on equipment, data plans as well as upgraded shipping! Learn more...
Education & Action Explained
This article is divided into two main sections, Education & Action. The Action Section refers to content with step-by-step how-to articles on this topic. The Education section links to related content and deeper dive information from our friends at the Mobile Internet Resource Center. Enjoy and your feedback is always welcome!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Member Sponsored Content
- Education & Action Explained
- Products Covered
- Article Summary
- Need More Help? Consider Joining Our Membership & Support our Community
In this article, we will show you how to access the Peplink device administration panel. The administration panel is where you check the status of your device, make configuration changes and troubleshoot your device.
The following video provides an overview of accessing the Peplink admin console. Note that the exact screenshots shown may be slightly different depending on the version of your Peplink Firmware.
TIP: Most browsers may generate a "certificate error" or "Security Alert". This is normal and can be bypassed as you are connecting to a local device (Peplink) so there is no security threat but your browser doesnt know this. Please use this guide to bypass the error which is required to access the admin panel: Bypassing Certificate Error Logging into Pepwave Admin Console
Accessing Peplink Admin Console (Step-by-Step Instructions)
From your computer, go to your WIFI settings and scan for WIFI networks broadcasting in the area.
- Connect to the Peplink WIFI network
- When prompted for a password, enter the password stamped on the bottom of your Peplink device. NOTE: Passwords are CASE SENSITIVE, if your default password contains a 0, that is a zero, not the letter "o".
- Once you are connected, open any web browser and type in 192.168.50.1 in the address bar (or 192.168.1.1 for Balance Series Routers). and hit enter. See screenshot below
TIP: Most browsers may generate a certificate error or "Security Alert". This is normal and can be bypassed as you are connecting to a local device (Peplink) so there is no security threat but your browser doesnt know this. Please use this guide to bypass the error which is required to access the admin panel: Bypassing Certificate Error Logging into Pepwave Admin Console
- The next page you should come to will be the login page.
- The default username is: admin (all lower-case)
- If this is the first time you are accessing the admin page, then you will be prompted to change both your administrator password and your wireless password. Note these passwords are unique to each other, save both of them in a safe place.
- When prompted to change your admin password, enter a unique password with a minimum of 8 characters. Re-enter your password exactly in the second box. See the screenshot below.
- At this point, your computer or mobile device will disconnect from the Wi-Fi network as you just changed the password. Re-connect your device to the Peplink network using your new password set in step 7. Note it may take a minute for the wireless password box to appear as your device will attempt to use the previously saved password first. The dialog box will appear in approximately 30 seconds prompting for the new password.
- Now that your admin and wireless passwords have been updated and you have re-connected to your Peplink device, reconnect to the Peplink admin console by entering 192.168.50.1 into the address bar of your web browser again as outlined in Step 3.
- Bypass the security prompt if applicable and enter admin in the username box and your admin password that was set in Step 6.
- Success, you are now connected to the Peplink admin console. You can bookmark this page for easy access in the future. See the screenshot below
Navigating the Admin Panel
If you are new to Peplink devices, we recommend you now view our get started guide which will outline the basics of how to navigate the Peplink interface and how to get your device set up for use. Links below.
Additional Member Content Available
A host of articles are available to our members hosted by the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
Peplink Learning Center
Some content is provided free of charge, members have full access as well as access to our pre recorded webinars on this topic. Learn More About Memberships...
Additional Content & Links from Mobile Internet Resource Center
- Optimizing Cellular Performance on Peplink Routers
- SpeedFusion Connect Guide & Member Webinar
- Peplink Multi-WAN Overview Guide
- Peplink SpeedFusion Cloud Relay Guide
- Combining Peplink and Starlink Guide & Member Webinar
- Peplink Virtual WAN Guide