Member Sponsored Content
The following article is brought to you by our premium members. These articles are co-authored with our education & action partner, Mobile Internet Resource Center (MIRC), who provide in-depth content and independent analysis on all things mobile internet.
Consider joining our membership for full access and to be part of the conversation in our support forums. Members also receive premium discounts on equipment, data plans as well as upgraded shipping! Learn more...
Education & Action Explained
This article is divided into two main sections, Education & Action. The Action Section refers to content with step-by-step how-to articles on this topic. The Education Section links to related content and deeper dive information from our friends at the Mobile Internet Resource Center. Enjoy and your feedback is always welcome!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Member Sponsored Content
- Education & Action Explained
- Products Covered
- Article Summary
- Before Getting Started
- Need More Help? Consider Joining Our Membership & Support our Community
In this article, we will go over the process to purchase a data only plan through Verizon Wireless.
Before Getting Started
Additional Member Content Available
A host of articles are available to our members hosted by the Mobile Internet Resource Center:
Peplink Learning Center
Some content is provided free of charge, members have full access as well as access to our pre recorded webinars on this topic. Learn More About Memberships...
Additional Content & Links from Mobile Internet Resource Center
- Finding Cellular Data Plans for Peplink Routers
- Getting Lots of Cellular Data
- Considerations for Selecting a Cellular Data Plan
Follow the steps below to activate your data only plan through Verizon Wireless.
When following this process, make sure that you have "Personal" selected in the top left corner of the webpage. This process will create a POST-PAID Verizon account, where you will receive a monthly bill, and may be subject to a credit check or other forms of
- Click Shop in the top middle.
- In the drop down menu, click "Plans"
- In the menu that opens to the right side, click "Connected Devices"
- Click the image of the Mi-Fi device about the section that says "Mobile Hotspot Data" on the right side of the page
- Click the button that says "Bring your own hotspot." This button is towards the top of the page, above where the available plans are priced out.
- Enter your IMEI in the "IMEI number" field.
- Check whether your device will work on the Verizon network. If the device you are checking is a Peplink that you purchased from us and you receive a message that the device is not compatible with the Verizon network, please proceed to the below section of this article. All Peplink devices sold by MobileMustHave.com are compatible with the Verizon network.
- We recommend that you take a screenshot of the page showing "This device will work on the Verizon network."
- Hit Continue after verifying your device is compatible.
- Input your ZIP code and hit continue.
- The next page is your order building page. This will confirm your device and the SIM card that you need to have shipped. hit continue on this page.
- Choose your plan from the available options listed.
- Next you'll be brought the an order summary page. You'll want to verify your identity by clicking the "Verify with ID.me" link.
- After you've verified your identity, you'll want to check out your order summary cart.
- Verizon will ship you a SIM card to your shipping address of choice.
- When the SIM card is received, install the SIM into your Peplink device and enjoy
We recommend that you print out or screenshot the page where it states that your device is capable to work on the Verizon Network. This will help in the future if you run into issues activating your new line of service and you need to go to a Verizon store or you need to call or chat with Verizon Support.