THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING YOUR DATA PLAN. SOME PLANS SHIP PRE-ACTIVATED BUT STILL REQUIRE DEVICE SETUP USING THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THE SECTIONS ON YOUR PLAN ENTIRELY TO AVOID DELAYS OR INTERUPTIONS TO SERVICE.
Table of Contents
- Products Covered
- Activation Process
- Wait Until Activation is Confirmed
- Setup Your Pepwave & Install Antennas
- Installing your SIM Card (After Activation is Confirmed)
- Setting the APN
- Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Stuck on Obtaining IP
- Setting up Recurring Payments
- Data Usage Monitoring on a Pepwave
- Requesting Cancellation
- Requesting Re-activation
- Avoid Getting Suspended
- Requesting Assistance
- MobileMustHave Wireless Data Plans
- B800 300GB Data Plan (AT&T Network)
- B500 500GB Data Plan (AT&T Network)
- P800 800GB Data Plan (TMobile Network)
- R300 300GB Data Plan (Verizon Network)
- R1000 1000GB Data Plan (Verizon Network)
Welcome to your new MobileMustHave cellular data plan. This article will walk you through the activation process and help you get started with your new data plan and also answer common questions about the plan including setting up your modem, how to set up payments, suspending or canceling service, and more. Let's get started.
Once your activation is confirmed it is time to set up your Pepwave. Install all of the antennas on the device. Note the center pin is reversed on certain antennas depending on if they are for WIFI or Cellular so take your time. They are the correct antennas so if it doesn't fit, it's likely your using the wrong antenna for that port.
We recommend testing data plans with the black short antennas that came with the router for initial troubleshooting. Once things are working you can switch to a roof antenna. This will make things easier to troubleshoot as there are fewer variables with the stock black antennas. A complete guide to setup your Pepwave is available here: Pepwave Setup Guide
Make sure to install the correct size sim. Always assume the largest size to avoid loosing sim in the device! Check your device specifications for sim size.
Setting the APN
MobileMustHave data plans MAY require a CUSTOM APN. Follow the instructions below based on your plan.
YOUR PLAN WILL NOT WORK IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BASED ON THE PLAN PURCHASED.
B Series Plans (AT&T Network)
- B500 Wireless Plans - Custom APN settings are generally not required. APN will auto-set to "broadband" by default. If you have connection problems you may set the APN to broadband by following these instructions.
- B800 Wireless Plans - Custom APN settings are generally not required. APN will auto-set to "broadband" by default. If you have connection problems you may set the APN to broadband by following these instructions.
P Series Plans (T-Mobile)
R Series Plans (Verizon Network)
- R300 Wireless Plans - The VZWINTERNET APN should auto-populate, but some of our customers have experienced issues with the data plan auto-connecting. If your data plan does not automatically work, please follow the detailed APN instructions to get the Verizon settings into your Pepwave.
- R1000 Wireless Plans - R1000 plans require custom settings to function properly in Peplink devices. Follow the TTL and APN instructions below. FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN LINE ISSUES.
If you are having issues connecting, common issues are listed below.
Stuck on Obtaining IP
After confirmation of activation, and updating the APN, if the device does not connect, and you see Obtaining IP for more than 5 mins please respond to the activation email or ticket in the portal and let us know that you are not able to connect. In rare cases, your new line may not get the APN provisioned correctly by the cellular carrier. We can refresh this to resolve the issue.
To resolve stuck on obtaining IP please do the following:
- Reboot the router by removing the power for 15 seconds, reconnecting, and waiting 5 minutes. If you see a SOLID green cellular light, the modem has connected, reboot computers if the internet is not working.
- If you do not see a SOLID green cellular light, proceeded to the next step.
- Ensure you have read the APN instructions below and set the custom APN if applicable.
- Verify your antennas are installed properly and secure. If you have installed a roof antenna, remove it and install the small black antennas included with the modem temporarily for testing.
- Try moving 5 miles to a new location, and avoid delays by ensuring it is not simply a location issue where cellular coverage is not adequate.
- Reply to the activation email that you can not connect to the custom APN. We will contact you to help you troubleshoot.
Suspended accounts can at times require a new SIM for activation if your sim has been suspended for more than a few days. If this happens a new SIM card will be required before your line can be re-enabled. You will need to re-purchase the plan and be shipped a new sim card so take care to avoid suspensions for non-payment. Activation fees will apply for lines that are suspended due to non payment.
Data Usage Monitoring on a Pepwave
Since this plan does have a data cap, you can use your Pepwave to manage your data usage and alert you before you run out of data. Use the links below to be taken to articles explaining this process step by step.
If you wish to terminate or suspend service for the plan you may do so at any time. Canceled plans do not receive a prorated refund however your service will continue to function until the end of your 30-day billing cycle. Please remember to notify us if you wish to suspect service to avoid being sent payment reminders and suspension notices.
Avoid Getting Suspended
Avoid getting suspended by making sure to follow our Terms of Service. Here are some additional steps to follow to avoid issues with your data line.
Pepwave Devices Only From MobileMustHave.com: Only devices purchased from us are eligible for use on our data plans. If you are found using another device your line will be suspended and cannot be re-activated.
Track Your Usage: Use a device such as a Pepwave that has detailed usage and tracking dashboards to help you monitor your usage.
Use One Email Address: Most of us have more than one email address but we recommend using the same email address to order service and when signing up for your monthly payments. Your email addresses to cross-reference billing information and customers who use multiple email addresses for purchases can experience issues if the email addresses do not match the original purchase address. It isn't common but we recommend to customers to stick to one email address to simplify the support experience for everyone.
Pay Your Bill: I know it sounds obvious. By far the most common reason customers are suspended is due to issues with their payment source. Avoid using a debit card that might get declined inadvertently (and debit cards are inherently more risky than credit cards since they have fewer cardholder protections) and always check to ensure your account has been debited each month.