TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Products Covered
- Before We Get Started, The Basics
- First Time Use
- Filter Upkeep
- Requesting Assistance
In this article, you'll find instructions and best practices for the initial setup and maintenance of your Blu Tech off-grid filtration system. Please bookmark this page for future reference.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: Blu Tech tests all of their water products individually before shipping for leaks and other issues. It is essential that you hook up and test your water system within the first 30 days or purchase and report any issues immediately to our team to prevent issues related to a warranty claim.
Additional Resources: At the bottom of this article, we link to our Blu Water Softener Care, Maintenance & Storage Guide with detailed instructions on maintaining your water softener.
Before We Get Started, The Basics
What's Inside the Box?
- 1 Blu Tech ARX+ Adventure Series Off Grid Water Filtration System
- 1 Blu Tech Carrying Case - includes special zippers that allow you to quick connect your ARX+ to your RV while in the case
- 1 Inlet Hose - includes a sediment pre-filter (20 micron) and flotation device
- 1 Outlet Hose - 25' stainless steel braided hoses that includes Garden Hose Quick Connects that can connect direct to a hose inlet on your unit
- 2 Filters Preinstalled
- Battery, Charger, and Filter Housing Key - battery in the box, as well as an AC/DC charger for the battery, which allows 12V and 120V charging
Your new system will arrive with all filters pre-installed. Your system includes a compact aluminum filter frame, filter housings, and all associated connections pre-installed. Includes quick connect inlet and outlet with standard garden hose attachment fittings.
TOP TIP: Once you get your new system hooked up to your RV and water source, turn on the water and let it run for about 5 minutes before you start using the water. This will allow the cannisters to fill up and pressurize appropriately for use.
Understanding your filters and what they do
Sediment Filter (Longevity)
Extend the life of your filters with the additional Sediment "LONGEVITY" Filter. With this added pre-filter, you will get 3-4 months of clean and clear water (depending on the turbidity of the water). Blu Technology water filters are designed with high flow technology, allowing them to have a high flow rate despite their high filtration rate! The Blu Technology "Off-Grid" filter is made in the USA.
*Attached to Inlet Hose
Taste & Smell Filter (Tasty)
The Granular Activated Carbon Coconut Shell “TASTY” Filter works to improve the taste and the smell of your water. The “TASTY” Filter works to address common taste and smell concerns with water at campgrounds by addressing chlorine and more!
Effectively Removes: Chlorine, cloudiness, bad taste and odors, and organic chemicals.
0.2 Micron Filter (Safety)
Blu Technology’s “Off-Grid” Filters are up to 99.99% efficient for 0.2 Micron-sized particles. Standard RV inline water filters measure in at 20 Micron, so Blu Technology's “Off-Grid” Filters provide filtration for particles that are up to 100x smaller! The “Off-Grid” 5-inch filter is designed with an added layer of protection only offered by Blu Technology, and is one-of-a-kind in the industry. The Blu Technology “Off-Grid” filter has an additional electro-adsorptive media technology that is able to capture even more submicron contaminants through ion exchange!
Key Features of the Off-Grid System
- Fetch over 1,000 gallons daily from lakes or streams with the powerful ARX+ water pump.
- Powered by a standard M12 battery (included)
- The ARX+ can pull 90 gallons of filtered water on a single charge.
- The 12-volt pump is rated at 3GPM and can pull water up to 6 feet vertically (with no drop in water pressure!)
- Can be connected to a city water source without damaging the pump.
The aluminum frame of this portable filtration system is built to be lightweight, durable and UV-resistant. The ARX+ also comes with corrosion-resistant stainless-steel canisters, braided hoses, quick connects and fasteners. With the compact 5” filters, the ARX+ weighs in at just 12 lbs, making it perfect for off-grid living!
First Time Use
The first time you use your water filter system (or if you are removing your system from a long stint in storage), it is a good idea to flush your system and charge your filters before use. Follow these steps for initial or out-of-storage use of your system.
Confirm that the unit is positioned upright and ready for use.
When the flush has run for 2 to 3 minutes, you can hook your outlet hose up to the City Water Inlet in your RV.
Your unit is now ready and prepared for use.